Athletes & Parents,
The first few weeks of summer training have gone well and you continue to impress! We are so proud of the dedication you are showing as you lay the foundation for a successful cross country season.
As we get deeper into summer, completing the prescribed training becomes even more important. We will begin implementing more specific workouts that will help to develop your strength, speed, and stamina. In addition to the physical benefits, the confidence you gain from participating in this strenuous program will help you race to your potential when the season begins.
On Thursday, June 30th, we will be having our first Mammoth Training Camp time trial. The TT will help us identify which athletes will qualify to attend the Mammoth Training Camp in August. A combination of TT times, and consistent attendance at practices, will be used to determine the camp roster. The training camp will be limited to 11 athletes so we can provide a safe and fun experience. For those who know they won't be attending camp, Coach Eisele will be having an alternate workout in the afternoon on June 30th.
Nuts & Bolts:
- Please remember to text Coach Eisele or Coach Horton when you won't be able to make it to practice. The earlier you let us know, the better, but please do your best to make it to all assigned training sessions. Your teammates are counting on you!
- If you are going on vacation, please let Coach Horton know so he can prescribe make-up workouts for you while you are gone.
- Don't forget to bring a recovery shake/smoothie to all practices that are highlighted in yellow.
- Don't forget to bring your hydration drinks to all practices.
- Please bring a towel to all practices.
- Please let Coach Horton know if you will be able to do the "Bake at the Lake" race on July 16th (highly recommended). We may be able to get a lower entry fee if we all enter as a group. I'll keep you posted. We will also be arranging carpooling as well.
- We will continue doing core/strength training during most practice sessions, and we will begin implementing stretching routines as well. Please make an effort to stretch on your own in addition to the stretching we do at practice.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Coach Horton.
Training Plan 6/27-7/10
Nicole's Training Plan
Bake at the Lake Entry Form
Triton Athletic Clearance (due prior to 7/25 tryout)
Athletic Physical Form (due prior to 7/25 tryout)