Athletes & Parents,
Many parents and athletes have questions about training and racing once the school year begins. Please see the FAQs below and don't hesitate to contact me if you have any further questions or concerns.
1) What days and times are practices held?
- Athletes should expect to have practice until 4:00ish on Mondays and Tuesdays and some Fridays. On Wednesdays, due to block 5th, practice will usually end around 4:30. On Thursdays, practice will conclude around 3:00 or 3:30. Most Fridays will be a day off as will Sundays. On Saturdays without meets, practice will usually be from 8:30-10:30.
2) Will the whole team attend all the meets together?
- Some meets, as noted on the calendar, will be Varsity only (Cool Breeze, Woodbridge, etc.). Some meets will only have Frosh-Soph and JV teams attending (Laguna Hills, etc.). League meets will have all athletes competing.
3) How, as a parent, can I help my daughter attain her full potential?
- Time management is a key component for the student/athlete. Please help your daughter organize her day so that she can attend to her academics, eat well, get enough rest, and have consistent attendance at practice. Providing wholesome and well-balanced food choices is paramount as well. Your daughter is working hard and needs plenty of good nutritious food. BE INVOLVED. Communicate with your daughter about her day, how she is feeling and don't hesitate to contact me if you see problems.
As stated above, if I've missed something, please contact me!
We will also be looking for parent drivers to assist us in shuttling the team back to school on point-to-point runs. These runs allow us to eliminate the tedious run back to school and greatly enhance our training. Please let me know if you can help.
Training Plan 8/8-21